Thursday, January 3, 2013

Convergence of Valor Redux

Convergence of Valor  Guntis Goncarovs

A stunning piece of work. Mr. Goncarovs displays three great gifts: a talent for meticulous research, a fluid, original style and the ability to recreate a period and place.
The H.L. Hunley was the first submarine successfully used in war time. It has only recently been recovered from the bottom Charleston Bay, and as one who has seen the wreckage, I can say that I learned more about that bold Confederate experiment from Convergence of Valor than I did from examining the original artifact. As a writer of historical fiction Guntis Goncarovs is first class.

Price: $.99
88481 words

I am republishing this review because in the my review of another Hunley story, The Hunley: the Civil War's Secret Weapon by Larry C. Kerr, I plugged Convergence of Valor.  It only seems fair to be reciprocal.  I found it fascinating to compare viewpoints.

Buy at Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment